Developed by Peter King PhD in association with Babette Rothschild, this one day workshop provides attendees with an insight into Babette Rothschild’s Somatic Trauma Therapy and Stabilisation Based Approaches for mental health professionals working in private practice. This interactive workshop explores Stabilisation Based Therapy (SBT) strategies developed to manage individuals with extreme emotion dysregulation who present with impulsivity, deliberate self-harm, threats to suicide and/or in highly distressed states in private practice.
- Legal requirements and clinical governance in Private Practice
- Identify practical strategies for de-elicitation and mitigating risk
- Identify strategies to reduce likelihood of re-traumatisation and further dysregulation
- Integrate a phased based approach to management of emotionally dysregulated individuals
- Use in-session targets and decision making during initial and crisis treatment
- Integrating a Trauma Informed approach which is recovery orientated in Private Practice
- Strengthening and integrating resources individuals following de-escalation and containment
Who should attend?
This workshops is suitable for the experienced clinician or clinicians seeking to obtain an introduction to DBT. Individuals from a range of professional backgrounds who work in community-based services, including youth, family, homeless, aged, welfare, alcohol and substance, mental health, and disability. Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers, Mental Health OTs, and Psychiatrists have all found this workshop useful!
1 Day Workshop (9.00am – 4.00pm)