It’s no surprise that the inability to regulate emotions can be especially detrimental when you’re in an environment in which you’re expected to maintain a professional presence.
Workplaces are often fraught with situations in which regulating your emotions can prove extremely difficult, whether or not you suffer from the symptoms of a diagnosable mental health concern. Confusing protocol, seniority, the glass ceiling, feeling as if your work or opinions are being ignored, all of the above and other conflicts so common in the workplace can lead to emotional meltdowns, risk taking, impulsivity and a sense of overwhelm for anyone!
This half-day workshop explores a range of skills from an approach called Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). DBT is the core treatment for emotion dysregulation, which when present in employees, destroys morale and the effectiveness of your workplace! If you find yourself in an emotionally charged moment at your workplace, this workshop will offer a range of skills to get you through the conflict in a healthy way. Additionally, the skills explored in this workshop seek to promote emotionally stable and effective individuals outside the workplace!
This half-day workshop explores:
- How to use Distraction by engaging in something engaging enough that it takes over the negative thoughts.
- Skills such as Self-Soothing to remove yourself from the intense situation and find a quiet place to regroup.
- See things as they really are by Observing Non-judgmentally
- Mindfulness, which is a tool that, once practiced, can be wielded like a weapon against negativity. Being deliberately aware of any given situation gives you power over your reaction to it and combats feelings of helplessness or victimisation. Step back and look at the choices you are making in a situation. This skill is at the core of our approach and strengthens other skills taught.
- Building mastery in interpersonal effectiveness offering a tool for maintaining self-respect while manoeuvring interpersonal interactions, balancing the task of keeping relationships whilst also keeping respect for one’s self is also explored.
A Dialectical Behaviour Therapy skills approach is well researched and is considered a toolkit for a more fulfilling life. Practicing these skills in the workplace and in your personal life can make for a happier – and healthier – work environment! Our facilitator works with your team to identify these skills, practice their application and identify ways of integrating more effective ways of managing emotions and distress in your workplace!
- 9.30am – 10.30am Planning, Overview and Commitment
- 10.30am – 10.45am Morning Tea Break
- 10.45am – 12.15pm Teaching and Practicing Skills
- 12.15pm – 12.45pm Lunch Break
- 12.45pm – 1.30pm Teaching and Practicing Skills
- 1.30pm – 2.00pm Next steps – Integrating Skills into Daily Life
Workshop fee includes travel within the Melbourne Metropolitan Region, facilitator fee and workbooks for up to 15 participants.
Facilitation Fee for up to 15 staff or team members
- Not for Profit Organisations $1,350 plus GST
- Government Organisations $1,600 plus GST
- For Profit Organisations $2,000 plus GST
Contracting organisations agree to provide a venue, access to a data projector, sound to the facilitator’s computer and catering for participants at their own cost.
For more information please contact our team via email email@example.com or call 03 9090 7221