The Australian DBT Institute provides a range of professional development opportunities for Mental Health Professionals seeking to become proficient in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy informed approaches. Our team is led by experienced DBT clinicians who have received training, mentoring and development from Marsha Linehan and her team at Behavioral Tech LLC.
Credentialing is the process of establishing the qualifications of licensed professionals, organisational members or organisations, and assessing their background and legitimacy. Many health care institutions and provider networks conduct their own credentialing, generally through a credentialing specialist or electronic service, with review by a credentialing committee.
Credentialing with the Australian DBT Institute includes granting and reviewing specific clinical competencies, and provides successful applicants with a range of resources and supports to ensure ongoing development to enhance proficiency in the delivery of DBT informed services.
To become credentialed in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), clinicians must demonstrate that they:
- Are members of an incorporated association of a helping profession eg. Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Nursing, Psychotherapy, Counselling
- Completed a recognised specialist post registration course in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) such as the Australian DBT Institute Comprehensive Training or equivillent
- Have 200 hours of person-to-person psychotherapy/counselling experience and 50 hours of supervision relating to a minimum of 200 hours of client contact. Applicants will also be asked to complete a Statement of Practice & Supervision
- Have acquired minimum continuing professional development points for education and practice as well as a Statement of Continuing Professional Development
- Have completed a Personal Statement of Practice outlining the theoretical perspective, experiences, self-awareness, knowledge & understanding and reasons for their interest in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Are supported by two professional referees
- Original criminal record/ police check, conducted within the past 12 months.
If you are a therapist and you have recently completed an Australian DBT Institute Comprehensive Training please make an application to become credentialed as a Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) informed clinician by completing the form below!
NO CHARGE FOR CREDENTIALING FOR COMPREHENSIVE TRAINED CLINICIANS!
If you have not completed an Australian DBT Institute Comprehensive Training and believe you meet the above criteria you may also apply to become credentialed in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) with the Australian DBT Institute by completing the application below.
The cost of Credentialing (for applicants who have not completed an Australian DBT Institute Comprehensive Training) is as follows:
- Registration/Administration $300 (one-time fee)
- Reading/evaluating papers will be charged at the rate of $10 per each page per draft, as outlined above (e.g. $200 for 20 pages). It is up to each individual to cover all pertinent material in a concise manner.
- Certification fee $100.